Offsite Events Coodinator/Brand Ambassador
About Trestle Brewing Company
Trestle Brewing Company is a small craft brewery & restaurant located on the waterfront in beautiful Parry Sound on the shores of Georgian Bay. Our brewery has one of the best locations in Ontario with an incredible riverside Patio, Biergarten, Taproom and Retail Store. Trestle is a destination for visitors to the area as well as a hub for the local community and events. Our menu is Feast ON certified by the Ontario Culinary Alliance and focuses on using fresh, local ingredients & includes our beer as much as possible. Each year, we serve around 100, 000 guests onsite.
About The Job
The Offsite Events Coodinator/Brand Ambassador is tasked with heading out in our community and beyond to spread knowledge about who we are and what we do. You’ll be headed to events such as beer festivals, farmer’s festivals, and many other offsite pouring events. This is a sales job where you are selling who we are and what we do. Many of these events will consist of up to (or more than) 1 hour worth of driving to and from the destination, setup and tear down of our tent and offsite marketing, and carrying cases and/or kegs of beer to and from setup. You will learn all about Trestle Brewing Company, craft beer, brewing techniques, sales techniques, and marketing strategies.
- Interact with customers within the community in a professional manner, initiating conversations about Trestle
- Provide a fun, engaging experience at all events promoting a positive experience with Trestle
- Outgoing and confident personality - Your enthusiasm for the team and the town should be next level! You will be representing the Trestle brand throughout the community and should feel comfortable initiating conversations, collecting data and speaking to large groups of people.
- Strong work ethic - Our industry is fast-paced, and troubleshooting will be essential. We need hardworking individuals who can take initiative while exercising appropriate judgment with little supervision
- Great energy and positive attitude - As a Brand Ambassador, you represent the organization in a positive and professional manner. Our Brand Ambassadors love the team, the city, and our fans!
- Problem Solver - Solve problems that might arise at an event, provide solution alternatives and make the appropriate decision to implement in a timely and professional manner, recognizing when to elevate issues to full time staff.
- Adaptable - be able to adjust to conditions that may arise and open to different alternatives while still providing a positive experience
- Responsible for following event sheet details regarding event set up and tear down and completing tasks on time.
- Some ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues (draft systems) is a benefit but not required
- An interest in learning more about beer, brewing processes, and techniques
- Research provincial beer events and plan participation in select events that are deemed to be within our event strategy and overall beneficial to sales and marketing
- Work individually or in a team
- Valid G Class Driver’s License and a clear Drivers abstract
- Based in or near Parry Sound from May - August
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Stand up for up to 8 hours at a time
- Able to work weekends, weekdays and holidays.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.