Start Date: March 2021
We are an established restaurant/brewery located on the waterfront in beautiful Parry Sound, Ontario. The 4000 sq. ft facility opened July 1, 2018 and includes a taproom serving year round beer offerings brewed on site as well as other seasonal special beers throughout the year. We have a full kitchen inside serving up a small, but delicious menu of food that pairs perfectly with our beer. The open concept design connects the brew house area on one end through our taproom/retail area, out onto our waterfront patio on the other end. In the spring of 2019, we added a riverside Biergarten that doubled our total seating and gets you even closer to the water. Our food is focused on a menu of gastropub style comfort food & small plates - done the right way and made from scratch incorporating local ingredients and our beer wherever possible.
We are proudly Feast On Certified by the Ontario Culinary Alliance. That means that we are committed to procuring Ontario food and drink whenever possible, identifying the provenance of Ontario food and drink on the menu, tracking and tracing Ontario food and drink purchases and developing Ontario’s culinary identity by championing local, seasonal products.
We are seeking a highly skilled, friendly, and hard working experienced Sous Chef to join the team on a long-term basis and become an integral part of our culinary team, its growth and success.
Work under the Head Chef to help direct and control the Culinary Operations of the business at an excellent level while implementing, maintaining and abiding by all standards, policies and/or procedures set forth by our company following best practices.
This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining high morale within the team and executing/driving excellence in food quality, food preparation & creativity, cleanliness, organization and the ongoing development of the skills of your crew and management of food service operations.
- Providing leadership, management, training and ongoing communication to the culinary team
- Full direction of the food service operations and management of quality assurance
- Inventory management and ordering
- Creative menu development and implementation
- Food costing and minimizing of wasted product
- Procedure management and time management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience managing a culinary team in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Experience with projection and management of inventory, food cost, labour, variable costs and prep charts.
- Proven Leadership Skills - staff development and motivation, technical culinary skills training, policy and procedure management, time management, problem solving/decision making.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - Self-motivated/driven, positive/high energy, excellent written and verbal communication skills, administration skills, adaptability/flexibility, dependability/attendance, appearance/grooming.
- Proven ability to achieve short and long term business goals and vision
- Food Handler’s Certification
OTHER KEY ATTRIBUTES
- Highly organized with a passion for fine dining and fast casual and creativity/food playfulness
- Personal commitment to, and belief in continuous improvement
- Ambassadorship/Stewardship - A deep understanding of our company philosophy/mission/vision and demonstration of that to our staff, customers and community
- Ability to remain calm and make effective decisions in stressful situations
- A positive, outgoing personality
- Energetic and motivated. You’ve gotta love food! You’ve gotta love people! Our food is an expression of our love of people!