$50, 000 - $55, 000 per year
We are hiring immediately for a permanent position. The Sous Chef is involved in all aspects of leading our Culinary Team to prepare food quickly and precisely to a high standard, while leading and supporting other staff on their assigned tasks. It encompasses all the tasks required in managing the day-to-day operations of a busy kitchen.
If you want to be part of leading a fast-paced, supportive, and team-focused culinary atmosphere, this is the place for you.
About Trestle Brewing Company
Trestle Brewing Company is a craft brewery & kitchen located on the waterfront in beautiful Parry Sound featuring an incredible waterfront patio. Opened in 2018, Trestle is a destination for visitors to the area as well as a hub for the local community and events.
Our menu is focused on gastropub style comfort food & small plates - done the right way and made from scratch incorporating local ingredients and our beer wherever possible. We are proudly Feast ON Certified by the Ontario Culinary Alliance.
Why Work With Us?
- Competitive wages and flexible scheduling
- Weekly tip-out (averages an additional $2/hour - varies based on sales)
- One meal included each shift. Staff discount available when not working.
- Join a family culture that is positive, supportive and inclusive with a strong management team
- If you commit to us, we will commit to you and support your career growth
To help direct and control the Culinary Operations of the business at an excellent level while implementing, maintaining and abiding by all standards, policies and/or procedures set forth by our company following best practices.
This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining high morale within the team and executing/driving excellence in food quality, food preparation & creativity, cleanliness, organization and the ongoing development of the skills of your crew and management of food service operations.
- Providing leadership, management, training and ongoing communication to the culinary team
- Full direction of the food service operations and management of quality assurance
- Inventory management and ordering
- Creative menu development and implementation
- Food costing and minimizing of wasted product
- Procedure management and time management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience managing a culinary team in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Experience with projection and management of inventory, food cost, labor, variable costs and prep charts.
- Proven Leadership Skills - staff development and motivation, technical culinary skills training, policy and procedure management, time management, problem solving/decision making.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - Self-motivated/driven, positive/high energy, excellent written and verbal communication skills, administration skills, adaptability/flexibility, dependability/attendance, appearance/grooming.
- Proven ability to achieve short and long term business goals and vision
- Food Handler’s Certification
OTHER KEY ATTRIBUTES
- Highly organized with a passion for fine dining and fast casual and creativity/food playfulness
- Personal commitment to, and belief in continuous improvement
- Ambassadorship/Stewardship - A deep understanding of our company philosophy/mission/vision and demonstration of that to our staff, customers and community
- Ability to remain calm and make effective decisions in stressful situations
- A positive, outgoing personality
- Energetic and motivated. You’ve gotta love food! You’ve gotta love people! Our food is an expression of our love of people!
Trestle Brewing Company Ltd.
9 Great North Road
Parry Sound, ON P2A 2X8
Send application to email@example.com
We would like to thank applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.