Trestle Brewing Company Ltd. - Parry Sound, ON - trestlebrewing.com
About Trestle Brewing Company
Trestle Brewing Company is a small craft brewery located on the waterfront in beautiful Parry Sound featuring a riverside patio, taproom and retail bottle shop. Trestle is a destination for visitors to the area as well as a hub for the local community and events.
Our Culinary Team is led by Chef Wes. Born and raised in Woodstock, Chef Wes is a graduate of the George Brown Culinary Program who has been on a decade-long culinary journey following his graduation. He wanted to learn French cuisine, Italian cuisine, and the art of fermentation. So, he spent a year in France, a year in Italy, and completed an internship at Noma in Denmark (the masters of fermentation, named the best restaurant in the world four times in the last decade). In between these adventures, he worked his way up at Sixthirtynine & Langdon Hall, two of the best farm-to-table restaurants in Ontario. Since joining us, he has led our team to create food that is unlike anything else you'll find around here.
Our food is focused on a menu of gastropub style comfort food & small plates - done the right way and made from scratch incorporating local ingredients and our beer wherever possible. We are proudly Feast On Certified by the Ontario Culinary Alliance. That means that we are committed to procuring Ontario food and drink whenever possible, identifying the provenance of Ontario food and drink on the menu, tracking and tracing Ontario food and drink purchases and developing Ontario’s culinary identity by championing local, seasonal products.
We are seeking highly skilled, friendly, and hardworking food lovers to be a key part of the Trestle Culinary Team and its success. As a small and growing company, we require hard working and dependable team members to learn and grow with our organization.
Your day to day responsibilities will involve all kitchen duties and include:
- Preparing a variety of menu items under the supervision of the Chef
- Serving menu items compliant with established standards and portion sizes
- Notify Chef in advance of any likely shortages
- Keeping kitchen, storage and service areas well maintained, organized and exceptionally clean
- Understand and effectively use and maintain all kitchen equipment
- Constantly use safe and hygienic safe food handling practices
- General duties and special projects as required as part of the team
- A passion for great beer and food and all things craft
- Previous kitchen experience is preferred
- Must be available to work at rotating schedule that will include morning, evening and weekend shifts
Who You Are
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communicator, personable, warm and friendly with a professional appearance
- A team player...above all...
- Able to work flexible and occasionally long hours
- Must be able to stand/walk for 8 hours; bend, push, pull and lift 50 lbs
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.