About Trestle Brewing Company
Trestle Brewing Company is a small craft brewery & kitchen located on the waterfront in beautiful Parry Sound on the shores of Georgian Bay. Our brewery has one of the best locations in Ontario with an incredible riverside Patio, Biergarten, Taproom and Retail Store. Trestle is a destination for visitors to the area as well as a hub for the local community and events. Our menu is Feast ON certified by the Ontario Culinary Alliance and focuses on using fresh, local ingredients & includes our beer as much as possible. Each year, we serve around 100, 000 guests onsite.
We are seeking highly skilled, friendly, and hardworking folks to be a key part of the Trestle Taproom Team and its success.
About The Job
A host at Trestle is the greeter and air traffic controller of all guests visiting the brewery! You’ll welcome guests, manage seating, help them in the Retail Store and provide support to the rest of the Front of House team. It’s a busy gig where you learn all of the fundamentals required to move into other service roles.
Your day to day responsibilities as a Host will include:
- Greeting and providing exceptional service to all brewery guests
- Be the face of Trestle Brewing while communicating our vision and values
- Directing all traffic through the door
- Helping customers to retail, the Taproom and Biergarten
- Seating tables in the Taproom, Patio and Biergarten
- Reservation system management
- Maintaining seating order and priority
- Expediting food to tables and taking care of all take out orders
- Cash handling and operation of POS system
- Daily cleaning of the Tap Room, Patio, Bottle Shop, Washrooms and other areas as required
Your responsibilities may also include:
- Glassware cleaning
- Opening and closing of the Tap Room, Patio and Bottle Shop
- Re-stocking of the beer fridge and retail items in a neat and presentable fashion
- Contribute to Trestle marketing and social media properties
- Working off-site events on occasion
- General duties and special projects as required as part of the team
- Must be available to work a rotating schedule that will include morning, evening and weekend shifts
- Smart Serve Certification is an asset
Who You Are
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing with strong public speaking skills
- Excellent communicator, personable, warm and friendly
- A team player
- A problem solver
- Willing to be trained to have superior knowledge of our beers and best practices in our taproom
- Able to work flexible and long hours
- Able to routinely lift and carry heavy objects
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.