About Trestle Brewing Company
Trestle Brewing Company is a small craft brewery & restaurant located on the waterfront in beautiful Parry Sound on the shores of Georgian Bay. Our brewery has one of the best locations in Ontario with an incredible riverside Patio, Biergarten, Taproom and Retail Store. Trestle is a destination for visitors to the area as well as a hub for the local community and events. Our menu is Feast ON certified by the Ontario Culinary Alliance and focuses on using fresh, local ingredients & includes our beer as much as possible. Each year, we serve around 100, 000 guests onsite.
We are seeking highly skilled, friendly, and hardworking folks to be a key part of the Trestle Taproom Team and its success.
About The Job
A server at Trestle is the face of our brand and the main line of communication with our onsite customers. It’s a full-on and intense job where you’ll be expected to be working at a continuously high pace. You have to love people and be passionate about beer and food!
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Greeting and providing exceptional service to all brewery guests
- Be the face of Trestle Brewing while communicating our vision and values
- Responsibly serving alcohol and food in the Tap Room and patio according to service standards
- Cash handling and operation of POS system
- Daily cleaning of the Tap Room, Patio, Retail store, Washrooms and other areas as required
- Glassware cleaning
- Daily opening and closing of the Tap Room, Patio and Bottle Shop
- Re-stocking of the beer fridge and retail items in a neat and presentable fashion
- Managing Tap Room and Patio seating
- Leading guided tours and tastings
- Contribute to Trestle marketing and social media properties
- Serving beer offsite at festivals and events on occasion
- General duties and special projects as required as part of the team
- A passion for great beer and all things craft
- Smart Serve & Retail Alcohol Sales certification
- TouchBistro experience or experience with other similar POS systems is an asset
- Prior serving experience is an asset
- Must be available to work a rotating schedule that will include morning, evening and weekend shifts
Who You Are
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing with strong public speaking skills
- Excellent communicator, personable, warm and friendly
- A team player
- Willing to be trained to have superior knowledge of our beers and best practices in our taproom
- Able to work flexible and long hours
- Able to routinely lift and carry heavy objects
- And most importantly, loves beer
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.